Share Your Story
Share Your Story Through the City’s #PaloAltoSpeaks Effort
In June, the City Council “directed the Human Relations Commission to return with a report on the Black and Brown history and current community in Palo Alto.” #PaloAltoSpeaks is an effort to collect the stories of Black and Brown people in Palo Alto, both past and present. We want to hear from you.
Join the City’s race and equity conversation by sharing your story. The City and the Human Relations Commission wants to learn about the lived experiences of Black and Brown community members in Palo Alto, both past and present. Do you live, work, visit, worship, or go to school in Palo Alto? Share your story with us. Your stories will be incorporated into the Human Relations Commission report to the City Council as a part of the City’s ongoing race and equity conversations.
As a Black or Brown person, please share what your experience has been in Palo Alto or share your Palo Alto family history. Share your story or your family’s story through written messages, photos, or videos; are all welcome. Anonymous submissions are allowed in the Open City Hall forum. If you send us an email or direct message, please specify if you would like your story to be anonymous.
Ways to Share Your Story:
- Written Messages
- Send an email to RaceandEquity@cityofpaloalto.org.
- Share your story on Open City Hall, the City’s online community forum. Anonymous submissions are allowed.
- Post on social media and use hashtag #PaloAltoSpeaks.
- Share your photos on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook and use hashtag #PaloAltoSpeaks.
- Share your story on Open City Hall and attach a photo. Anonymous submissions are allowed. Your name will be hidden, but any submitted photo will be associated with your written story.
- Share your videos on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook and use hashtag #PaloAltoSpeaks.
- Share your story on Open City Hall and attach a video. Anonymous submissions are allowed. Your name will be hidden, but any submitted video will be associated with your written story.
- If your video is hosted on a video website, like YouTube or Vimeo, send the link to RaceandEquity@cityofpaloalto.org.
- Human Relations Commission Meeting
Please note that any story submissions will become part of the public record and incorporated into the City’s race and equity dialogue. Share your story by September 18.