John BOULWARE Park
Location: 410 Fernando Avenue, between El Camino Real and Park Boulevard
Description: 1.5 acre neighborhood park sandwiched between Matadero Creek and residential and commercial properties. Quiet open space for active or passive enjoyment.
Amenities: two children’s playgrounds, basketball court, two picnic areas with barbecues, benches, perimeter path
History note: John Wesley Boulware lived in Mayfield from 1861 to 1894. On his 160-acre ranch in Santa Clara Valley, he grew a variety of crops, from wheat to berries. He was a Mayfield school board trustee and served on the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors. As a supervisor, Boulware was involved in laying out the route of Embarcadero Road. Boulware Park was first called South Palo Alto Neighborhood Park.
Last Updated: February 16, 2007