Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Station Reopens June 20
The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Station will reopen on Saturday June 20, with a few new guidelines to protect against the spread of COVID-19. You can once again bring your unwanted hazardous household products such as paint, medications, fluorescent bulbs, and cleaners to the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Station for disposal.
Please read the guidelines carefully to ensure you arrive prepared.
- Must be a Palo Alto resident. Please bring proof of residency (driver’s license, ID, utility bill, or vehicle registration).
- Limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of HHW per visit in containers no larger than 5 gallons.
New COVID-19 Guidelines
- Place all HHW in your vehicle’s trunk and remove all other items (to avoid anything you want to keep from being taken by mistake). Do not place HHW in the interior of your vehicle or hand it to staff through your window.
- Wear a mask. A cloth face covering is required.
- Keep car windows closed. You may choose to keep your vehicle window closed. Have your proof of residency ready to show staff by holding it up to the driver side window.
- Remain in your vehicle at all times
HHW Reuse Zone
The HHW Reuse Zone will remain closed at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
- Every Saturday from 9 – 11 AM
- First Friday of each month from 3 – 5 PM
- Closed some holidays – Next holiday closure is July 3 & 4 in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
2501 Embarcadero Way, Palo Alto
Last Updated: June 12, 2020