Wireless Technology and Cell Phones
This page has been developed to provide citizens and staff basic information and resources about wireless telecommunications technology. The City understands that there is controversy due to the unknown impacts and general misunderstandings of this growing and vital technology.
On May 16, 2011, the City Council will conduct a Study Session to learn more about the current wireless communications technology, review the current controversial issues, and get apprised of the regulations that govern this technology. The staff report and presentation can be reviewed (below) , as well as the video of the meeting, on-line.
- Map of Existing Cell Antennas Sites in Palo Alto
- Palo Alto Wireless FAQ's
- Palo Alto Zoning Regulations for Wireless Facilities
- FCC Wireless FAQ's FCC Radio Frequency (RF) FAQ's
- FCC Understanding Wireless Telephone Coverage Areas
- FCC Wireless Devices and Health Concerns
- FCC Human Exposure To Radio Frequency Fields: Guidelines For Cellular & PCS Sites
- FCC SAR For Cell Phones: What It Means For You
- FDA and Cell Phones
- CTIA - An international nonprofit membership organization that has represented the wireless communications industry since 1984.
- National Cancer Institute- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk
Last Updated: April 26, 2011