Henry W. SEALE Park
Location: 3100 Stockton Place
Description: 4.3 acre neighborhood park tucked between houses and Matadero Creek. Large open meadow for active sports.
Amenities: children’s playground, circular sand pit with concrete turtles, basketball hoop, shaded picnic areas, benches, pathway
History note: Stockton Park was renamed for Henry W. Seale in 1968. Seale came to California from Ireland via New Orleans and, in 1865, was granted title to 1,400 acres of Rancho Rinconada del Arroyo de San Francisquito. In 1887 Seale sold 697 acres to Timothy Hopkins who wanted the property to develop a town which would become Palo Alto. The remainder of Seale’s property was farmed until his death in 1888.
Last Updated: February 16, 2007