For information on general City services, health and safety guidelines, etc. related to coronavirus (COVID-19), submit an inquiry online or call our Customer Support Call Center at (650) 272-3181.  For Utilities-specific matters, please call Utilities Customer Service at (650) 329-2161.


Start, Stop or Change Service

Start Service


To request a new Utilities service, please download, complete and return the appropriate form.

 Residential Customer Service Agreement  Commercial Customer Service Agreement

Stop Service


To close your account, please download, complete and return the form below. Learn more about how to temporarily suspending your service for a construction project or completely remove or suspend your gas service below.

Utilities Account Closure Demolition and Construction Gas Suspension or Removal

Change Service


To make changes to your utilities account, please download and complete the appropriate form and submit to CPAU.

Utilities Account Change  Revert to Owner Agreement


Pay My Bill
Frequently Asked Questions