We Can Help Each Other
During these challenging times, your community-owned utility is here to help!
If you are struggling financially and having difficulty paying your utility bill, please contact us. We may be able to offer payment plan arrangements, Rate Assistance, or utility bill assistance through the ProjectPLEDGE program. Click here for details on these programs.
If you'd like to donate to the ProjectPLEDGE program, you may fill out this form or contact us directly. Thank you!
CPAU also provides a variety of efficiency services to help you keep utility costs low.
- Rate Relief and Payment Plan Arrangements: Please contact our Utilities Customer Service Call Center at (650) 329-2161 or UtilitiesCustomerService@cityofpaloalto.org with questions about your utilities account or bill payment. You can also view this information online here.
- ProjectPLEDGE is a one-time utility bill assistance program that is funded through donations from fellow CPAU customers. Contact us to donate funds and help your neighbors, or to apply for financial assistance through this program. Read more about the program here.
- No-Cost or Low-Cost Efficiency Tips to keep utility costs low at home and work. Visit cityofpaloalto.org/efficiencytips or call the Home Efficiency Genie at (650) 713-3411 for a free phone consultation about your home's utility bill, energy and water consumption.
- Home Efficiency Genie Virtual Assessments are available to help you safely identify ways to increase efficiency, cut costs, and improve the comfort of your home. Sign up at efficiencygenie.com
- Support for Local Businesses is available through local grants, state and financial resources, our Uplift Local campaign, and more. Find details at cityofpaloalto.org/businessassistance
- More Ways to Save with our rebates, services, and resources! Visit cityofpaloalto.org/utilityprograms
If you have specific questions or concerns related to your utilities account or billing services, please do not hesitate to contact Utilities Customer Support Services at UtilitiesCustomerService@cityofpaloalto.org or (650) 329-2161. We strive to deliver excellent customer service despite some changes in City services.
We are all in this together! Please be safe and take care.
Last Updated: December 22, 2020