The City of Palo Alto Utilities (CPAU) provides prescriptive rebates to commercial customers retrofitting their facilities with a wide range of energy-efficient equipment. All rebate amounts are listed in the Commercial Rebate Catalog.
If measures listed in the rebate catalogue do not fit your project requirements, you may apply for a custom rebate.
- Must be a business in Palo Alto that receives utility service from CPAU.
- Must apply and be approved prior to purchasing equipment
- Must be a retrofit (i.e. new construction projects are not eligible)
- Equipment must be listed in the Rebate Catalog.
HOW TO APPLY
- Read the Terms and Conditions.
- Locate and read specifications for product(s) for which you are applying in the Rebate Catalog.
- Complete and send Rebate Application to CPAU. Contact CPAU to schedule a pre-installation inspection.
- CPAU will issue a notice of approval.
- Order, purchase and install equipment within six months of approval.
- Within 90 days of purchase, send Proof of Purchase and supporting documentation to CPAU.
- Contact CPAU to schedule a post-installation inspection to verify products or equipment.
More details of the application process as well as the terms and conditions.