The new and improved Utilities online service MyCPAU is here. The Utilities Department has been migrating existing “My Utilities Account (MUA)” users to the new portal. Customers with an existing MUA account will receive an email with sign on instructions for MyCPAU. MUA will be retired on April 14.
Previously enrolled in My Utilities Account online service? Log on to MyCPAU.
- Check the email registered with your account for your new user name and temporary password.
- Or, click "Forgot Password" in MyCPAU to have us reset and send a new temporary password.
New user to online account services? Register here.
- The primary ID is the last four of your social, driver’s license or passport. For commercial customers, the primary ID is the last four of the Federal Tax ID.
- Password must be 8-15 characters and include one of these special characters: ! @ # $ % * _ -
- Check your primary email for the activation link
- If you are unable to register your account, please contact Customer Service.
Our secure customer service website provides access to your account from the comforts of your own home. You can view timely financial and consumption information and take advantage of the following new services:
- Recurring credit card payments
- Sign up for paperless billing
- Stop service or close your account using the Services (Move Out)
- Add an authorized user
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Is my recurring payment from still in effect?
A. For customers that previously elected to set up a recurring payment (or automatic bank draft) using a checking account, these payments will continue without interruption.
Q. I am getting an error message when I try to register, or am having trouble navigating. What should I do?
A. Please contact Utilities Customer Service Billing to verify or update information on your utility account.
Q. What should I do if I am locked out of the portal?
A. Customers will need to wait 1 hour before logging in again after 5 attempts. The password may be reset, or if further assistance is required, please contact Utilities Customer Service Billing.
Q. Why am I still getting email notifications even though I am on auto pay?
A. Email notifications are automatically opted in. Please log on to update your notification preferences. If you are set up on paperless billing, an email will be sent regardless of notification preference.
City of Palo Alto Utilities
Monday - Thursday 8am to 5:30pm
Friday 8am to 4:30 pm
Call: (650) 329-2161
Fax: (650) 617-2786