Document Shredding Events
2020 Document Shredding Event Dates:
- Saturday March 14
- Saturday July 11
- Saturday November 7
- 8 AM - 12 PM
- Sunnyvale SMaRT Station - 301 Carl Road, Sunnyvale
- Residents may bring a maximum of 5 banker-size boxes or 5 brown paper bags of confidential/personal paper documents to shred. A banker’s box measurement is approximately 12” x 10” x 15”.
- Remove documents from binders and binder clips (these can damage the shredding equipment); however, paperclips, staples and rubber bands are acceptable.
- Unacceptable items* include (but not limited to): batteries, matches, electronics, metal, cardboard, binders, binder clips, x-rays, CD’s, DVD’s, plastic sleeves, e-waste, pens, etc. No garbage or non-paper items! Sift through your documents before arrival at the shredding event to ensure you have documents only.
- All documents will be shredded immediately on-site, during the event.
- Recycle all non-confidential documents and paper curbside in your recycling cart.
*IMPORTANT: These items can cause the shredding truck to catch on fire.
What should I shred? If you answer YES to any of these questions, then SHRED the document
- Does it have any personally identifiable information?
- Does it contain information protected by privacy laws?
- Does it violate any privacy laws?
- Does it share any confidential corporate information?
- Does the document list any financial information?