Palo Alto streets are being swept weekly beginning October 14, 2019. Bi-weekly sweeping will resume approximately February 17, 2020, but this date is subject to change based on observed leaf fall.
Street sweeping keeps our community clean and safe by removing the dirt, metals, petroleum products, garbage
Street sweepers cannot pick up large pieces or piles. To ensure a clean street:
- Avoid piling leaves or other debris in the street or gutter.
- Do not rake, sweep, blow leaves, or other debris in the street or gutter.
- Keep palm fronds and long twigs and branches out of the street or gutter.
- Pick up litter in front of your home or business.
- Park your vehicles off the street on your designated sweep day.
- Prune trees and shrubs so that they do not block the street sweepers from reaching the curb line.
- During rains, prevent flooding by raking leaves off storm drain grates.
Street Sweeping Schedule
Palo Alto’s residential and light commercial street sweeping schedule changes from weekly during leaf season (mid-October to mid-February) to every other week during
|Begins October 14, 2019|
(every other week sweeping)
|Tentatively scheduled to resume February 17, 2020|
Residents and light commercial, use the map below to determine your street sweeping day:
Monday = Yellow
Tuesday = Lavender
Wednesday = Pink
Thursday = Green
Friday = Blue
Mon/Wed/Fri = Red to Blue
The University/California Avenue business areas will continue to be swept three times per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) and El Camino Real will continue to be swept weekly year-round.
Street Sweeping Map
Click to view as PDF
Reason for Schedule Change
A 2013 pilot project demonstrated that the City could reduce the frequency of sweeping in these areas to every-other-week during
For further questions, please contact Public Services at (650) 496-6974 or email@example.com