Using the online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a temporary copy of the report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online reporting is right for you:
• Is this an emergency?
• Did this incident occur outside of the city limits of Palo Alto?
• Did this occur on a state freeway?
• Are you under 18 years old?
If you answered "no" to all the questions above, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered "yes" to any of the questions above, please refer to our Online Reporting Frequently Asked Questions page.
Reports can be filed online from a computer or any Internet-enabled mobile device 24/7 by clicking the "Start Online Report" link below or by calling 833-290-3185 from an Internet-enabled mobile phone to receive a text with a link.
Please note that the crime you are reporting online must meet the following guidelines:
• The reporting party must be the victim.
• The crime/incident must have occurred within the City of Palo Alto.
• Crimes with suspect information or physical evidence (gloves, pry tools, etc.) needing collection may NOT be reported using this system.
• Stolen vehicles, stolen license plates, and stolen firearms may NOT be reported using this system.
• For thefts, the value of the total loss must be less than $5000.
It is a crime to file a false police report.