Middlefield Road North
Middlefield North Traffic Safety Project
Location: Middlefield Road from Forest Avenue to the Menlo Park city limits
In July 2016, Middlefield Road North Traffic Safety Project was initiated in response to residents concern of traffic conditions along Middlefield Road from Forest Avenue to the Menlo Park city limits. Residents cited traffic congestion, safety, high travel speeds, collisions, and noise as concerns and identified improved safety and quality of life as the primary goals of the project between Menlo Park city limits and Forest Avenue.
Staff worked with the neighborhood group to identify potential options and
City Council approved Concept Plan 7A on January 23,
City Council approved the permanent retention of this project at its January 14, 2019 meeting. City Council approval included direction to staff to investigate alternative roadway materials and replace the current temporary islands and delineators, used as part of the pilot project with more permanent products. Staff would work with the neighbors and stakeholders to select a new product that would ensure acceptable aesthetic appearance and maintains compliance with standard roadway requirements.
Additional Information & Resources
- Concept Plan 7A (shown with unapproved Concept Plan 7B)
- 65% Design Plans for concept 7A
- Planning and Transportation Commission Presentation – October 26, 2016
- City Council Meeting Staff Report – January 23, 2017_Approval For Pilot Project
- City Council Meeting Informational Staff Report - December 11, 2017_Mid-Pilot Report
- City Council Meeting Staff Report – January 14, 2019_ Final Approval and End-Pilot report