Safe Routes to School
The Palo Alto Safe Routes to School Partnership
The City of Palo Alto is committed to creating and sustaining a community partnership with the Palo Alto Unified School District and Palo Alto PTA to reduce risks to students and encourage more families to walk, bike and use other alternatives to driving more often.
The Safe Routes to School program is part of a national movement and strategy targeting improved safety and active transportation choices for families and communities. The Five-Year Work Plan outlines Partnership goals and strategies for achieving them through 2022. Work Plan goals and strategies depend on program funding and capacity, and may be subject to change as demand dictates.
Safe Routes to School Resources
- Maps: Walk and Roll Suggested Routes
- Educational Resources: Walking, Biking, Transit and Carpooling
- Enforcement: Crossing Guard and Bike Theft Prevention
- Program Data
- Partners and Program History
Upcoming Citywide Events Related to Safe Routes to School
- City School Traffic Safety Committee Meeting: Thursday, January 17, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, 25 Churchill Ave, SDC (Board) Room
- Connecting Palo Alto Community Meeting: Wednesday, January 23, 6:00-8:00 pm, Mitchell Park Community Center, El Palo Alto Room