What We Do
The Current Planning Division of the Planning and Community Environment Department is your go-to for project guidance and advice. Our team works with community members, developers, designers, engineers and other stakeholders through every step in the development process to achieve the best designs possible for our city. Once an application is submitted, our team reviews and approves (or denies) potential and proposed development projects. Such development projects range in size and scope from retail sign replacements and landscape updates to the design and realization of mid-rise offices and new residential developments.
Please note that the division does not, however, issue building permits. For building permits and general development questions please contact the Development Services Department.
Areas of Work
We do it all! Follow the links to learn more about our development processes, considerations and forms as well as our current and recent projects.
- Development Proposal Process Overview
- Parcel Reports
- Forms and Applications (including submittal checklists!)
- Ordinances, Maps, Guidelines & Standards
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Pending and Approved Projects
- Staff Level Decisions
What We’re Up to Right Now
Check out some of our current projects and planning updates!
- Affordable Housing Initiative Approved
- New Affordable Housing Overlay Infographic
- New Individual Review Process Flowchart
Planner on Duty