Education Demo Request
Thank you for your interest in the Palo Alto Fire Department. We look forward to the opportunity to provide fie and life safety training or even just share a bit about how we serve the community by protecting life and property. General Guidelines are;
- Station tours and educational event participation are provided for residents of the City of Palo Alto and to organizations within the community.
- Public education requests, including fire station tours, typically require at least a four-week advance notice. This allows for enough advance notice to process and schedule your request in order to ensure no conflicts with department training, academies, promotional exams, meetings, outreach and educational events and any other business required of the Fire Department staff outside of responding to emergency incidents.
- Even though time has been scheduled for your tour or event, the engine and crew may be called to respond to an emergency. In the event the crew is called away, we will be happy to reschedule for another day.
Guidelines for a Station Tour;
- You are visiting an active, in-service fire station. Visitors will be briefed on a safe place to gather their group in the event that the engine is called out on an emergency. As this is an active fire station, visits to the station are intended to be for educational purposes. We are not able to accommodate social events, such as birthday parties, lunches (even as part of a tour), or other gatherings for other than educational purposes.
- Groups shall consist of no more than 25 people, including necessary chaperones (1 adult for 4 children under the age of 12). Children shall be at least 4 years of age.
- During station visits, the fire crew will provide a brief tour of the station, in addition to displaying the engine and its equipment, followed by a question and answer period.
Guidelines for School Visits or Public Demonstrations;
- The requesting party must identify a parking area for the fire that will facilitate a safe and expedient response in the event that the fire engine is called to respond to an emergency.
We welcome your interaction with the Fire Department and will strive to make it memorable for everyone. Please understand that the preceding rules are for your safety and will allow the fire crew to accommodate you, as well as tend to their assigned duties, in a safe and efficient manner.
If you would like to receive email notification when we have open positions, please fill out an interest card below.