The President's Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) is the premier volunteer awards program, encouraging citizens to live a life of service through presidential gratitude and national recognition.
As a certified organization, the City of Palo Alto is granted authority to administer the PVSA to volunteers. If you are interested in pursuing the President’s Award, we ask that you keep a documented record of your service. You can keep a record by using our service hours tracker. If you are in high school, you may submit your community service hours sheets, as long as the hours are included in your 12-month period.
Once you have completed your 12-month period, you can submit your form to email@example.com for review. Once we have reviewed your records, we will reach out to you regarding to you regarding a recognition award.
Individuals, families and groups that meet the criteria are eligible for the PVSA.
• Recipient(s) must be a United States citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States.
• Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
• Awards are issued for volunteer service only; additional levels of participation with the organization (i.e., charitable support) are not a factor considered for the award.
• Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
• Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations.
• Service must be with an approved Certifying Organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the U.S. territories.
Hours are measured over a 12-month period and awards are designated based on cumulative hours. The awards are offered in multiple levels and are designed to recognize each milestone of your service achievement. Levels include bronze, silver, gold and the highest honor, the President’s Lifetime Achievement Award for those who contribute more than 4,000 hours of service in their lifetime.
|Kids (5-10)||26 - 49 hours||50 - 74 hours||75+ hours|
|Teens (11-15)||50 - 74 hours||75 - 99 hours||100+ hours|
|Young Adults (16-25)||100 - 174 hours||175 - 249 hours||250+ hours|
|Adults (26 & over)||100 - 249 hours||250 - 499 hours||500+ hours|
|Families & Groups||200 - 499 hours||500 - 999 hours||1,000+ hours|
To learn more about the President’s Award, please visit the PVSA website.