Oak Grove Group Picnic Area
Oak Grove in Foothills Park is a group picnic area that is a wonderful place for events of all sorts, from weddings to graduation parties to reunions -- even just an ordinary picnic. It has a capacity of 1 to 150 people. Oak Grove is the only reservable picnic area in the park.
The Oak Grove picnic area is yours to use for the day. The park is open from 8:00 a.m. and closes at a specific time based on sunset. For specific closing hours, please see our open-hours schedule. Event cleanup must be finished one half hour before park closing. All members of your party, including guests, caterers, musicians, etc., must exit the park before park closing. Equipment may not be left overnight either before or after your event.
Please read the Oak Grove Reservation Information sheet before reserving. It has important information about dogs, how long you may stay, special uses, and more. Feel free to call the rangers with any questions.
You can make a reservation using our online system, or by filling out the application packet.
- Online – You can make your reservation online by signing into your Enjoy account clicking on the Reservations tab.
- Application Packet – Once you fill out a copy of the application packet, you can drop it off at any of our community centers or email it to email@example.com. You may also fax it to 650-321-5612.
Once your reservation has been confirmed, the guest list form must be submitted to Foothills Park one week in advance, listing all members of your party,
- 18 picnic tables on three levels
- Two charcoal-only barbecue pits (no wood burning allowed)
- Water fountain
- Lawn area
- Zero Waste dumpsters for landfill, compost, and recycling.
- Parking lot
- Foothills Park is a nature preserve. If you are considering a non-typical nature preserve use please call the rangers in advance to inquire if it is allowed or appropriate. Examples of activities that are not permitted include bouncy houses, petting zoos, climbing walls, video boards, and laser tag. You must get a permit in writing from the supervising ranger in advance of your event for non-typical uses. Otherwise, your special activity may not be allowed to take place.
- A guest list must be submitted one week before your gathering.
- See the Foothills Park map for the location of Oak Grove within the park. Note that the GPS address for the park entrance is different from the mailing address. Please tell your guests to use 11799 Page Mill Road to get close to the park.
- You may call the rangers in Foothills Park at 650-329-2423.
Photo: View of Oak Grove picnic area from the road, showing (from left) recycling and trash bins, restrooms, 18 picnic tables on three levels, two charcoal barbecue pits, lawn and water fountain. (Click to enlarge)
Photo: View from picnic tables out toward lawns. Parking lot is on the right. (Click to enlarge)