“I wanted to say a great and warm thank you for everything the Palo Alto Art Center has provided me over the past year, from reminding me that the arts are still thriving in Palo Alto to immersing myself in a unique environment for community arts engagement with an intimate staff.” – Sean Volavong, Exhibitions Intern
“Thank you for the contributions you have made to my personal and professional development, and for making this one of the best learning experiences I have had in college so far.” – Annie Ng, Social Media & Marketing Intern
Art Center internships (undergraduate level) and fellowships (graduate level) give you the opportunity to enhance professional skills, build your professional network, and serve the community. Our opportunities are designed for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as adults interested in re-entering the workforce or exploring a career change. Art Center internships and fellowships are paid and many of our exceptional interns have gone on to permanent positions at the Art Center and neighboring institutions.
Art Center internships and fellowships are supported by generous donors and the Working Together program, funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Working Together is three-year partnership between the Junior Museum & Zoo and the Palo Alto Art Center that provides a ladder of engagement to involve diverse populations in meaningful museum work and volunteer experiences, advancing a culture of inclusivity at both institutions. This project promotes a ladder of engagement for youth diverse in ethnicity and ability levels through paid teen opportunities, paid internships, and paid fellowships.
Working Together Commitment: The Palo Alto Art Center and the Junior Museum and Zoo are committed to fostering the next generation of arts and science professionals through teen engagement, internships, and fellowships. We value diversity of cultures, races and ethnicities, countries of origin, ability levels, ages, religions, and gender expressions. We encourage individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the museum field to apply.
Contact Grace Pegan Abusharkh, Director of Volunteer Engagement, to learn more and to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $15 dollars per hour for internships and $16.67 per hour for fellowships
- One-on-one mentorship from Art Center staff and informational interview opportunities
- Real hands-on experience and leadership opportunities in our LEED certified and renovated Art Center
- A structured experience with opportunity for growth and exploration
- Exclusive access to an active Art Center intern group on LinkedIn with job postings and networking opportunities
- Special training and professional development activities with peer cohort
- Opportunities to network and connect with experienced professionals in the field