Ceramics Curbside Fire and Glaze Program: Program Details
Registration for Fall Curbside is now open!
This monthly program allows current advanced Palo Alto Art Center Ceramics Program participants who have taken at least two ceramics classes at the Art Center from June 1, 2019 to present* to create cone 10 ceramics wares at home and have them bisque and glaze fired at the Palo Alto Art Center with curbside drop-off and pick-up.
*Absolutely no exceptions made to these prerequisites.
Program details and instructions for enrolled participants:
- Monthly fee includes 3 pints of glaze (see list below); additional pints may be purchased for $10 each
- Must purchase clay from PAAC ($25) (if you already have clay you have previously purchased, no need to buy until you need your next bag)
- Participants must clearly and legibly mark every piece
- Participants must deliver work in a sealed plastic tub like this one (size limit 12 x 18 x 8 inches)
- Tub must be labeled clearly with participants name, contact info, number of pieces, and a rendering of how they label their pieces (symbol, stamp, initials, etc.)
- Participants must drop-off and pick-up work during scheduled times only
- Limit one bisque fire and one glaze fire tub per week
- Participants who are prolific producers may need to wait as we accommodate everyone equally
To expedite drop-off and pick-up you may call Fanny to process your clay and glaze purchase anytime Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at 650-617-3525. Items will then be available for you at your next Curbside visit.
Curbside drop-off location: Newell Street Parking Lot, next to the Raku Yard. Please wait in your car until your turn (just like a drive-through!)
Tuesdays 1-2:30 p.m. and 4-6 p.m.
Wednesdays: 1-2:30 p.m.
Thursdays, 7-8 p.m.
Saturdays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Sundays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Request glaze colors when you drop-off your first bin of ward. Glazes will be included with your pick-up.
Bird’s Beak Blue
Robin’s Egg Green
Based upon ongoing developments with COVID-19 and the City of Palo Alto’s commitment to keep our community safe, the Community Services Department has made the decision to suspend on-site public programs, including all other drop-in programs at the Art Center until further notice. This was a difficult decision to make but out of concern for the health of our customers and the community, it is the right thing to do.
We know how important our drop-in programs are to you. Please check our websitehttps://www.cityofpaloalto.org/gov/depts/csd/ for virtual programs anyone can participate in while we shelter in place. We are adding to this list and hope to offer more virtual options over the next few weeks.
Thank you for your understanding.
For more information email Studio Program Director or call 650-329-2366.