Bid Opportunities - PlanetBids
What is e-Procurement?
e-Procurement is the process in which an organization may conduct their procurement activities, such as bidding and contracting through the internet.
Purchasing & Contracts Administration has implemented an e-Procurement system called "PlanetBids". It will streamline our procurement processes and offer expanded services to our vendors by allowing them to participate in City procurement through the internet.
PlanetBids is a comprehensive, fully-integrated e-Procurement tool specifically designed to meet the procurement needs of the City. Within PlanetBids, purchasing functions are seamlessly integrated with each other. Purchasing data flows from requisitions to solicitations, award, and to purchase orders or contracts in a highly automated manner.
Get started now by clicking the link in the left navigation titled "Vendor Registration" to access the City's PlanetBids vendor portal or click the link below:
PlanetBids offers the following features, including but not limited to:
- Bid opportunities from the City are posted to a new consolidated bid board.
- Electronically submit bids or proposals.
- Improved vendor registration process. Vendors will be able to define areas of business by use of widely-accepted National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP) commodity codes. As well as, provide detailed regulatory registrations and certifications and identify "emergency services" capability, etc.
- View the City's award results online.
- Vendors and City project managers can collaboratively manage contracts.
- Vendors can set up and self manage certificate of insurance.
- Access News and Events pertaining to City business related to procurement.
- Vendors will receive automatic email notifications for bid opportunities relevant to the NIGP codes of products or services offered by their company.
- Vendors will receive notifications on contract tasks, expiring contracts, certificates of insurance.
- Both the City and its vendors benefit from material reduction in the amount of paperwork, time and expense involved in the bid and award process.
- PlanetBids provides tutorial guides within each module intended to help users navigate through the PB system with ease and efficiency.