| || About the Library Projects |
In November 2008, 69.4% of Palo Alto voters passed a $76 million bond measure (Measure N) to fund major facility improvements to three libraries and the Mitchell Park Community Center. The City has also allocated $4 million in infrastructure funds to complete an extensive historic renovation of the College Terrace Library and childcare center.
The City of Palo Alto is moving forward on the three important and exciting library and community center projects that will be funded by Measure N. These projects will take five years to complete. The construction projects will be managed by Public Works, communication will be provided by the City Manager’s Office, bond issuance will be handled by Administrative Services, and the Library and Parks and Recreation divisions of Community Services will coordinate temporary closures as well as services at the new facilities. At the conclusion of this process, we will have modern libraries offering places for everyone in our community to gather and learn.
Library/Community Center Bond Information
- December 15, 2008 City Manager’s Report (CMR:473:08) – Measure N Library Bond Update: Information on the Next Steps in Design and Construction for Mitchell Park Library and Community Center, Main Library, and Downtown Library
- December 15, 2008 Report from the City Clerk – Resolution Declaring Results of the Consolidated Special Municipal Election Held on November 4, 2008
- October 20, 2008 City Manager's Report (CMR:420:08) - Response to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Issuance and Administration of Measure N Library General Obligation Bonds
- Information from Smart Voter Website About Measure N (Library Facilities, Collections, Safety Improvement Bond)
- August 4, 2008 City Manager's Report (CMR:340:08) - Council Adoption of Ordinance to Place Bond Measure on November 2008 Ballot
- July 21, 2008 City Manager's Report (CMR:321:08) - Approval of Environmental Reports for Mitchell Park and Main Libraries and Introduction of Ordinance for Bond Measure
- July 7, 2008 City Manager's Report (CMR:309:08) - Review of Polling Results for Library/Community Center Bond Measure
- Results of June 2008 Telephone Poll on Library/Community Center Bond Measure
Schematic Cost Plans prepared by Davis Langdon cost estimators, May 5, 2008