Palo Alto, CA -- The Palo Alto City Library is rolling out a new web-based service that will help customers locate the perfect library event to attend. Searching by location, audience or date range is easy, with two views available - as a list or as a calendar. With this new tool, it is easy to enjoy what the library offers!
- Receipt of e-mail reminder a few days before the event
- Having the event added to your Outlook calendar
- E-mailing the event information to a friend
- On-line registration for programs when required
- Automatic notifications about events by type of program
"Library customers, especially families with young children, are frequently looking for information on story times and other fun activities for their kids. Now these customers can more easily locate the information and even have it delivered to them on-line with e-mail notifications and RSS feeds." says Cornelia Van Aken, Assistant Library Director. "Using technology to enhance service to the community is a goal of the Library."
For more information about this new service, visit: http://www.cityofpaloalto.org/library and look for the link to "Library Calendar of Events." A small interactive calendar will be added to the Library’s homepage in the future.