Special Event Permit Application

 Special permits and licenses are issued by the Palo Alto Police Department. The Police Department accepts applications and issues permits for businesses and activities. Please review the lists below and call for more information. 

Special Business Permits, 650-329-2130

  • solicitors
  • taxicabs
  • massage
  • close out sales
  • block parties
  • helicopter lifts
  • adult entertainment
  • bingo
  • street vendors who sell flowers or food for immediate consumption   
  • secondhand dealers

Special Events Permits, 650-329-2459

  • film production permits
  • noise exemption permits
  • encroachment on City property for commercial or private purposes
  • dignitary visits
  • free speech rallies

Download the Special Event Permit Application today.