Join Us for the October S/CAP Ad Hoc Committee Meeting
Published on October 07, 2021
On Sept. 9, 2021, 73 participants joined Vice Mayor Burt and Council Member Cormack for the City’s Sustainability and Climate Action Plan (S/CAP) Ad Hoc Committee meeting. Read the latest blog to learn about the Sept. 9 meeting, which focused on residential building electrification. A re-cap of the inaugural S/CAP Ad Hoc Committee Meeting can be found here.
We invite you to join the next S/CAP Ad Hoc Committee meeting, with a focus on commercial building electrification, on Thursday, October 14 from 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. via Zoom.
Registration in advance of the virtual meeting is required in order to view the meeting in real time.
Register here today!
October meeting topics are:
- Commercial Building Electrification
- Permitting for residential and commercial building electrification
- Near-term funding and resource options for the larger S/CAP effort
We welcome your input on the following topics in advance of the meeting:
- Other than the goals already proposed (S/CAP Goals and Key Actions(PDF, 704KB)), are there other intermediate goals that the City should consider for the non-residential building sector?
- What are some ways that the community can help to support non-residential building electrification?
- What are some ways that the City can acknowledge community business leaders who are electrifying their businesses?
You can submit comments and questions to email@example.com.
Meeting materials will be posted on the S/CAP Ad Hoc Committee page in advance of the meeting.
The City of Palo Alto launched an update to the Sustainability and Climate Action Plan (S/CAP) in 2020 to help meet our City's sustainability goals, including our goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent below 1990 levels by 2030. The S/CAP Ad Hoc Committee was formed by City Council on April 19, 2021 to guide the development, implementation, communication, and future community engagement of the S/CAP. To watch recordings of previous S/CAP topic webinars and S/CAP Ad Hoc Meetings visit our S/CAP Community Engagement page.
The S/CAP Ad Hoc Committee is not subject to the requirements of the Brown Act. There will not be an agenda packet and minutes will not be taken. However, information about future meetings, including Open Town Hall Surveys, will be posted on our S/CAP Community Engagement page.