Utility Pole Surveying
- Contractor nameMagellan Advisors
This project will encompass the survey of all utility poles in Palo Alto in order to identify the current load and condition of each pole in preparation for the deployment of a new fiber optic backbone and a potential Fiber-to-the-Home deployment. Field engineers will be walking the streets with tablet computers collecting data that will identify any possible deployment issues. The engineers will be using a device that will be set on a tripod to survey the poles, collecting GIS points and photographs. The team will also be collecting information in the areas of the City where the utilities are underground.
Learn more about the overarching Palo Alto Fiber project.
Scope of Work
- Identify and collect all poles associated with the Palo Alto fiber optic backbone and fiber to the home project
- Identify and plan for underground construction routes associated with the Palo Alto fiber optic backbone and fiber to the home project
- Field engineers will walk the Right of Way and rear easements of the city to collect data
- Data collection is about 90% complete as of November 2022. We anticipate that the project will be complete by January of 2023.