Are you interested in cooking like a master chef? Electric Induction Cooktops are sleek and clean and 95% of residents who have tested out an induction cooktop have been impressed with its performance and would consider switching from gas to electric for their next cooktop.
Benefits of Induction Cooktops
- Glass top makes it quick and easy to clean
- Improves indoor air quality (Cooking with a gas stove can reach indoor air pollutant levels that would be illegal outdoors
- Precise temperature control
- 90% of the energy consumed is transferred directly to the food being cooked compared to 40% from a gas stove
- Up to 60% of heat from gas burners escapes into the air
- You can boil water nearly twice as fast with an induction cooktop
- No open flame or hot coils
- Burners hold residual heat which transfers directly to the cookware, so no energy is lost
- Many induction cooktops have safety features such as auto-off
- It keeps the kitchen cooler
Induction Cooktop Loaner Kit
Acterra, a local non-profit, is a great resource for learning more about induction cooking. Visit their website for information, resources, and induction cooking videos. Unfortunately, no new reservations are being accepted for the Induction Cooktop Loaner Program at this time. If you are already on the wait list, Acterra will reach out to you to schedule your loan.
Not convinced? Watch a video to see what professional chefs have to say.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any health concerns with using an induction cooktop?
Some people raise concerns about the electromagnetic field from the induction cooktops interfering with pacemakers or implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs). According to General Electric Appliances, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) defined a strict standard for safety levels with respect to human exposure to radio frequency electromagnetic fields. Although we are confident Induction Cooktops don’t pose a risk to those with pacemakers and ICDs, we recommend that users should consult with their doctors or pacemaker manufacturers before use.
Will induction cooking affect my electricity bill?
No, an induction cooker transfers electrical energy through a magnetic field straight from the cooktop to the pan making it extremely energy efficient. This technology incurred minimal wastage of energy compared to open flame, gas cooking and normal electric cooktops.
What impact do induction cooktops have on indoor air quality?
A recent study conducted by Lawrence Berkeley National Lab found that homes with gas stove tops and a poorly vented range hood had indoor air quality levels that sometimes exceeded outdoor air quality standards. Induction cooktops are a safe and reliable alternative for your kitchen that produces 30x less indoor air pollutants than natural gas cooktops.