MyCPAU Account Login
The new and improved Utilities online service MyCPAU is here. The Utilities Department has migrated existing “My Utilities Account (MUA)” users to the new portal. MUA was retired on April 27, 2020.
New user to online account services?
- The primary ID # is the last four of your social, driver’s license or passport. For commercial customers, the primary ID is the last four of the Federal Tax ID.
- Password must be 8-15 characters and include one of these special characters: ! @ # $ % * _ -
- Check your registered email for the activation link.
Our secure customer service website provides access to your account from the comforts of your own home. You can view financial and consumption information and take advantage of the following new services:
- Recurring credit card payments with no service fee
- Paperless billing and customized notification preferences
- Stop service or close your account
- Add or remove guest users
Previously enrolled in My Utilities Account online service?
- Check the email registered with your account for your new user name and temporary password.
- Or, click "Forgot Password" in MyCPAU to have us reset and send a new temporary password.
Sign in to MyCPAU
For additional information, call Utilities Customer Service for assistance or read our FAQ below.
Phone: (650) 329-2161
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my recurring payment still in effect?
For customers that previously elected to set up a recurring payment (or automatic bank draft) using a checking account, these payments will continue without interruption. For customers who have recently opened a utility account with a new address, recurring payments do not transfer. Log in to enroll with the preferred payment method today.
I am getting an error message when I try to register, or am having trouble navigating. What should I do?
Please contact Utilities Customer Service Billing to verify or update information on your utility account.
What should I do if I am locked out of the portal?
Customers will need to wait 1 hour before logging in again after 5 attempts. The password may be reset, or if further assistance is required, please contact Utilities Customer Service Billing.
Why am I still getting email notifications even though I am on auto pay?
Email notifications are automatically opted in. Please log on to update your notification preferences. If you are set up on paperless billing, an email will be sent regardless of notification preference.
We welcome your feedback on the new MyCPAU site. Please share your comments and recommendations with us based on your experience. Thank you for your input.