Business Energy Advisor
Want to maximize comfort for your employees and customers while minimizing your utility bill and your carbon footprint? Start with the Business Energy Advisor as the gateway to all energy and water efficiency options from City of Palo Alto Utilities (CPAU). By signing up for the Business Energy Advisor, you will receive:
- Free consultation and on-site assessments to identify energy and water efficiency options relevant to your business and facilities
- Help finding qualified contractors to complete efficiency upgrades
- Rebates for eligible products to help offset project costs
- Lower utility costs with more efficient equipment
How to Qualify
- You need to be a non-residential customer who receives utility service from CPAU (i.e., must pay commercial rates for electric and/or gas utility services).
- Your facility is smaller than 50,000 square feet.
- Your facility is currently in operation.
How to Participate
Your dedicated Energy Advisor will identify efficiency upgrade options for your business and guide you through the implementation process from start to finish.
1. Get a Free Phone Consultation with an Energy Advisor
Complete the intake form below and an Energy Advisor from CLEAResult will contact you within 3 business days to discuss your energy and water savings goals.
2. Get an Energy and Water Efficiency Assessment
After your initial phone consultation, your Energy Advisor will ask you to sign a Program Participation Agreement to schedule an in-person or virtual Energy and Water Efficiency Assessment. A trained energy professional will evaluate your business equipment such as lighting, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, hot water systems, refrigeration and more. This customized assessment will pinpoint exactly where your business can benefit from efficiency by identifying electric, gas and water use equipment that is ready for upgrades and/or retrofits.
3. Review Assessment Report with an Energy Advisor
Your Energy Advisor will review the findings from your assessment report and explain where your business can reduce its energy or water use. You’ll receive unbiased advice to better understand the report and prioritize your recommended upgrades based on your goals, impact, budget, and payback.
4. Start Your Upgrade Project
Once you decide to move forward with any recommended upgrades from your assessment, your Energy Advisor will submit an application to CPAU. After this is approved by CPAU, you can get started on the installations using any contractor of your choice.
Your Energy Advisor can help you find qualified contractors and review and compare bids.
5. Receive Your Rebate
After installation, we will verify the completed project at your facility and confirm the rebate amount. After verification, you will receive your rebate check within 2–3 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can my business benefit from the Business Energy Advisor?
As a property owner, manager or tenant, you can work with the Business Energy Advisor to:
Lower energy and water bills
Receive generous rebates to offset the costs of energy efficiency and water-savings projects
Improve health and comfort for building occupants, as well as increase tenant retention
Increase sustainability through conserving natural resources and reducing emissions
How much do efficiency projects cost?
Costs vary depending on the size and scope of the project. Upfront costs can be offset with rebates. Plus, you will save money over time with more efficient equipment.
Do you offer financing?
Your Energy Advisor will help you explore financing options.