Maintaining the City’s Information Technology portfolio is exciting and challenging work. Our department provides support to over 1,000 employees, linking them to a vast array of people and services throughout the City and beyond. You might not see us every day, but we are working behind the scenes, driving and maintaining the technology that runs our digital City 24/7. The Information Technology Department delivers value by promoting our core themes:
- Provide a range of technology solutions to serve employees, departments, and the community.
- Support and improve the technology infrastructure that enables the day-to-day operations of the City.
- Maintain an exciting workplace that inspires high-performance and provides career growth opportunities.
Here are some highlights of our projects completed over the last fiscal year.
- Fiber to the Premise & Wireless Planning Recommendation - Evaluated the feasibility of building out a citywide Fiber-to-the-Premise (FTTP) Network in Palo Alto. Developed a Master Plan and conducted an RFP to build out the fiber system for FTTP.
- Create a Citywide Data Strategy - Developed a framework of policies, processes, governance and technologies for maximizing the value of the City's data while simultaneously maintaining the highest possible degree of protection for privacy and security.
- External Network Resilience, Design, and Implementation - Designed and implemented external network redundancy.
- Windows 10 and Office 365 Training - Developed and provided introductory training for Windows 10 and Office 365 in preparation for and support of the new PC deployment for FY2020.
- Commvault Implementation - Procured and implemented Commvault Software Appliances and additional hardware to replace existing solutions.
- End-User Procurement and Computer Refresh - Executed the Phase 2 deployment of newly imaged laptops to City staff as part of the refresh cycle.
The Information Technology Department has a number of exciting projects currently in progress.
- Assessment of IT Allocations and Performance Measures - Performing an assessment of IT's current methodology for allocating all IT costs.
- Computer Refresh Phase 3 - Executing the Phase 3 deployment of newly imaged laptops to City staff as part of the refresh cycle.
- File Services Implementation - Implement the recommendations of the Files Services Assessment report.
- Next Generation Website - This project will introduce a next generation, best of breed, City of Palo Alto Website.
- Open Data Portal Replacement - Performing a market study to replace the City's current open data platform with a new platform.
- SSO Implementation Project - Implementing Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication to IT Supported services/applications for increased access control consistency and security.
The following is a list of technology projects in the IT queue.
- Intranet Implementation & Content Migration - This project includes the platform implementation and content migration from the old intranet platform to a new platform selected as part of this project.
- Policy Development for Digital Storage Guidance - This project develops a policy that clearly articulates what storage resource is to be used for any specific purpose.
- IT Service Management System Implementation - This project shall implement a new IT Service Management (ITSM) solution.
- Project Portfolio Management System Implementation - Implement a minimum viable installation of a new project/portfolio management (PPM) tool.