The City is excited to offer grants to Palo Alto residents through the Know Your Neighbors Grant Program.
The Know Your Neighbors Grant Program is designed to help neighbors better connect with each other while strengthening community and improving the quality of life and neighborhoods in Palo Alto. The goals of the Program are to:
- Build a sense of community.
- Develop or renew neighborhood relationships.
- Encourage interaction between generations and cultures.
- Increase governance and organizational leadership of neighborhood associations.
- Develop collaborative partnerships between Palo Alto neighborhoods and the City.
Neighborhood Associations hosting the event can qualify up to $1,000 per event. Block parties can qualify for a grant up to $500. Citizens or neighborhood associations may apply for activities such as block parties, event kick-off celebrations, neighborhood crime prevention and safety activities, and gatherings involving the building of connections between neighbors. Grants may be applied for at any time throughout the year (at least two weeks prior to event date) and will be awarded on activities that meet eligibility requirements on a "first come, first served" basis.