Bowden Park

2.0 acre neighborhood park. Open grassy area surrounded by deciduous and evergreen trees. Alternating U-shaped areas created from pruned boxwood frame benches.

History

Established in 1952, the park almost lost its park status in 1960 when California Avenue train commuters wanted to convert the space into a parking lot!  In 1961, the grassy area was redesigned as a "visual" space by San Francisco landscaper Robert Royston and renamed for Jerry Bowden, a two-term plus city councilman who understood the importance of parks. Bowden lived on nearby Nevada Street.

Location

2380 High Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301  View Map

Google Map
Tagged as: