Towle Camp is the campground located inside Foothills Nature Preserve at the end of Wildhorse Valley. It is open from May 1 through October 31 for tent camping. Campers with a reservation and permit may drive the half-mile road to the campground.
No fire permits will be issued for the remainder of the camping season due to the very dry conditions.
- Each campsite has picnic table, water, fire bucket, charcoal barbecue, food storage locker, and pad for tents. Each tent pad holds two 4-person tents. The group sites have two pads for up to four 4-person tents.
- Sites 1 and 5 are the group sites, which hold up to 16 people and no more than 4 cars may use the parking lot. Sites 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 hold up to 8 people and no more than 2 cars per site in the parking lot.
- Tent camping only. Car camping and recreational vehicles of any type are not permitted to park in the campground.
- Campfire and barbecues are currently prohibited due to ongoing drought conditions. Backpacking or tabletop propane gas stoves are allowed.
- Portable toilets and Zero Waste dumpsters (recycling, compost and landfill) are located in the parking lot.
- All campers must be in the park one half hour before park closing time.
- All visitors not spending the night must exit before park closing time.
- Campers must stay in camp after sunset. Hiking or driving in the park after sunset is prohibited.
- Dogs are prohibited in Foothills Nature Preserve on weekends and holidays. When permitted on non-holiday weekdays, dogs must be always on leash and under physical control.
- Dogs must be inside of your tent with you when camping overnight. Dogs are not permitted outside of the campground after the preserve closes for the night.
- For more information, please see our information sheet. Feel free to call the rangers with questions at (650) 329-2423.
- Camping reservations must be made by an Adult aged 21 or older who is spending the night.
- Reservations may be made up to a year in advance but must be made at least a week in advance. Same-day reservations are not accepted.
- $43 per site, per night. Your reservation time will begin at 2 p.m. and end at 12 p.m.
- Vehicle entry fee included for two vehicles on standard campsites (sites 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8) and four vehicles for group sites (1 and 5).
- Reservations can be made online via EnjoyOnline!.
- Visit our service page on how to Reserve a Campsite for more information.
- Cancellations must be made in writing and received two weeks before the event. A cancellation fee (50% of total charges) is non-refundable unless the city cancels the permit, wherein a full refund will be made. No refund is given if cancellation is less than two weeks.
- Enter the park and go straight. At the Y intersection, bear left. Continue to the Orchard Glen picnic area and turn left into the parking lot. Continue through lot to the gate and up the road to the campground. View on Google Maps.