Towle Camp is the campground located inside Foothills Nature Preserve at the end of Wildhorse Valley. It is open from May 1 through October 31 for tent camping. Campers with a reservation and permit may drive the half-mile road to the campground.
- Each campsite has picnic table, water, fire bucket, charcoal barbecue, food storage locker, and pad for tents. Each tent pad holds two 4-person tents. The group sites have two pads for up to four 4-person tents.
- Sites 1 and 5 are the group sites, which hold up to 16 people and no more than 4 cars may use the parking lot. Sites 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 hold up to 8 people and no more than 2 cars per site in the parking lot.
- Tent camping only. Car camping and recreational vehicles of any type are not permitted to park in the campground.
- There are two fire circles which are open to all campers. One is near site 1, the other is near site 5. Fires are by permit only and may be prohibited due to fire weather or drought conditions. You must bring your own firewood. Wood collecting is not permitted in the nature preserve.
- Portable toilets and Zero Waste dumpsters (recycling, compost and landfill) are located in the parking lot.
- All campers must be in the park one half hour before park closing time.
- All visitors not spending the night must exit before park closing time.
- For more information, please see our information sheet.
- Feel free to call the rangers with questions at 650-329-2423.
- Camping reservations must be made by an Adult aged 21 or older who is spending the night.
- Reservations may be made up to a year in advance but must be made at least a week in advance. Reservations for holidays must be made through one of the community centers, such as Lucie Stern (650-463-4900). Same-day reservations are not accepted.
- $40 per site, per night. Your reservation time will begin at 2:00PM and end at 12:00PM.
- Reservations can be made online, by mail, or in person.
- Visit our service page on how to Reserve a Campsite for more information.
- Cancellations must be made in writing and received two weeks before the event. A cancellation fee (50% of total charges) is non-refundable unless the city cancels the permit, wherein a full refund will be made. No refund is given if cancellation is less than two weeks.
- Enter the park and go straight. At the Y intersection, bear left. Continue to the Orchard Glen picnic area and turn left into the parking lot. Continue through lot to the gate and up the road to the campground. View on Google Maps.