Ramos Park

4.4 acre neighborhood park with an abundance of open space for a variety of recreational activities.

Ramos Park Renovation Project

The Ramos Park Renovation Capital Improvement Project will focus the installation of a new restroom, renovation of the playground, accessibility improvements, new site furnishing and improvements to the large paved court area.   

 

Upcoming Meetings

City Council Park Improvement Ordinance Approval

  • March 2021

Past Meetings & Input

Community Meeting #1 

A community meeting was held on January 29th, to capture input from the community regarding the proposed park renovations.  The community was asked to provide input using a series of sticker boards, stickers were used to identify a desired restroom location and to answer questions regarding the desire to have a restroom, use  of the playground and of the concrete court area.  


Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting #1

A Parks and Recreation Commission meeting was held on February 25, 2020 to review the proposed renovations to Ramos Park.  The meeting provided the opportunity for the commission to provide input on the proposed renovations and updates to the input provided in the community meetings and on line survey. 


Community Meeting #2

A community meeting was held on August 13, 2020 to capture input from the community regarding the revised proposed park renovations.


Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting #2

A Parks and Recreation Commission meeting was held on December 15, 2020 to recommend approval  of the  Parks Improvement Ordinance for  Ramos Park. 

  • Parks and Recreation Meeting PIO Presentation


Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting #2

A Parks and Recreation Commission meeting was held on December 15, 2020 to discuss an off-leash dog area pilot program in Ramos Park.

  • Parks and Recreation Meeting Off-Leash Dog Area Pilot Presentation

History

  • Ramos Park opened in 1958 as part of a plan to develop more recreational space south of Oregon. It is named after Don Jesus Ramos, a native of Mexico who came to California in search of gold. He arrived in the Mayfield area in 1851 and in 1883 bought a couple of  acres of land and built a house at 727 Page Mill Road. Here he lived with his family until his death in 1912. The park was first named Meadow Park after the tract of land that it was part of.

Location

800 East Meadow Drive, Palo Alto, CA 94303  View Map

Google Map