Scattered throughout Palo Alto are plots of land dedicated to providing Palo Altans with a place to dig their hands into the soil and plant vegetables, flowers, and herbs. These open spaces are an oasis for gardeners, as well as visitors, who come to enjoy the beauty of the calendula blossoms, the corn stalks, the pumpkin vines, the sunflowers, as well as the large variety of birds and butterflies.
Sign Up For A Plot
- If you are interested in applying for a garden plot, please email the Community Garden Coordinator at Catherine.Bourquin@cityofpaloalto.org and provide your Palo Alto Home address and a daytime phone number. You will be added to the wait list and will be contacted to be shown the available plots.
- Please note that you must be a Palo Alto resident in order to sign up for plot.
VIEW: Community Garden Guidelines and Rules
- All garden plots vary in size. Plots are $0.90 cent per square foot and $100 - $200 refundable deposit. Seniors 60+ receive a 25% discount.
We have many community resources for gardeners right here in Palo Alto. The City of Palo Alto offers compost workshops and provides bins for use.
- Elizabeth Gamble Gardens is a beautiful place to stroll and get ideas and offers gardening classes.
- Canopy stewards the planting and care of trees in Palo Alto.
- Garden Club of Palo Alto aims to encourage an interest in gardening, educate the community, and assist in the beautification of public areas in Palo Alto and elsewhere.
- Santa Clara Master Gardeners - Experienced credited Master Gardeners with helpful advice on gardening.
687 Arastradero Road
Edith Johnson Garden:
200 Waverly Street
Eleanor Pardee Garden
1201 Channing Avenue
1213 Newell Street
3990 Ventura Court