The City Manager’s Office provides strategic leadership and professional management to the City government organization and works with the City Council to develop and implement its policies to maintain and enhance Palo Alto’s quality of life.
For decades, Palo Alto has been a driving force in the global economy and the innovations that are developed here continue to change the world. At City Hall, as we go about our daily work in our great city, we strive to mirror such innovation and to build a culture of excellence and service that enriches the lives of people in our community and builds strong social bonds.
- Facilitate City Council legislative actions
- Manage special interdepartmental projects
- Direct and coordinate department operations
- Support a productive and healthy workforce
- Coordinate communications and community engagement
- Facilitate business engagement and economic vitality
- Lead transportation and traffic improvements