The City is currently accepting applications for the "Know Your Neighbors" Grant Program. Launched in 2013, the program is designed to help neighbors better connect with each other while strengthening community and improving the quality of life and neighborhoods in Palo Alto.
The goals of the program include:
- Help build a sense of community
- Develop or renew neighborhood relationships
- Encourage interaction between generations and cultures
- Increase governance and organizational leadership of neighborhood associations
- Develop collaborative partnerships between Palo Alto neighborhoods and the City
Residents or neighborhood associations may apply for up to $1,000 for activities such as block parties and picnics, crime prevention and safety activities, or other functions and gatherings that involve the building of connections between neighbors.
Some previous "Know Your Neighbors" grant winners in 2016 have used the funds to: create a pop up parklet on University Avenue; coordinate a Palo Alto Emergency Services Volunteers self-defense series; organize an emergency preparedness fair; and throw a Movie Night in the Park.
Applications may be submitted at any time throughout the year and will be awarded on a "first come, first served" basis until allocated funding is depleted.
For more information or to download the application, click here.