News Details

SEIU Approves City Agreement That Includes Raises, Market Adjustments

The City of Palo Alto's largest employee union – the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which represents almost half of the City's workforce with 570 budgeted employees – has voted to accept a proposal from the City that offers both salary increases and market adjustments.      

The two year agreement runs from December 2013 to December 2015 and includes a 2% salary increase upon adoption of the proposal and a 2.5% increase at the beginning of the second year of the contract, for a total cost of living adjustment ("COLA") of 4.5% over the two year term.  In addition, the agreement calls for adjustments to bring positions identified as under market in the City’s total compensation study up to the comparable market rate.  Total compensation includes base salary, any additional cash benefits, insurance benefits, and normal cost of retiree medical.  

The full press release can be viewed here.   

Top