2018 Document Shredding Events
Document shredding events help you safely recycle your old paperwork
Shredding events will be held at the Sunnyvale Materials Recovery and Transfer (SMaRT) Station for residents from its partner cities: Mountain View, Palo Alto and Sunnyvale. The SMaRT Station is located at 301 Carl Road, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.
2018 Shredding Events:
Saturday March 17, 8am - 12pm
Saturday July 14, 8am - 12pm
Saturday November 3, 8am - 12pm
Shredding events are for residential customers only; proof of residency will be required.
How residents can participate in the shredding events:
- Gather and box up materials such as personal and financial documents that you want to shred.
- Bring up to 5 banker-sized boxes to each shredding event.
- Remove documents from binders and binder clips (these can damage the shredding equipment); however, paperclips, staples, spiral notebooks and rubber bands are acceptable.
- Recycle all non-confidential documents and paper curbside in your blue recycling cart.
What to expect when you arrive at the event:
- Volunteers will direct traffic and assist with off-loading boxes.
- All collected materials will be shredded on site by Cintas. (You may stay to watch your materials be shredded.)
- Shredded materials will be recycled into useful paper products.
Last Updated: Sep 19, 2017