The City is excited to offer grants to Palo Alto residents through the Know Your Neighbors Grant Program.
1. Build sense of community.
2. Develop or renew neighborhood relationships.
3. Encourage interaction between generations and cultures.
4. Increase governance and organizational leadership of neighborhood associations.
5. Develop collaborative partnerships between Palo Alto neighborhoods and the City.
Grants applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis on a first come first serve basis. Residents are encouraged to apply by completing the application attached below.
Grant Guidelines & Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a Neighborhood Grant, applicants must be Palo Alto residents and may be representatives of a formal neighborhood association, neighborhood or community group, or informally associated neighbors. Activities must be neighborhood-focused, initiated and supported by residents living in the neighborhood. Activities must benefit the neighborhood or association.
Funding decisions will be made based on whether activities meet eligibility requirements. A follow up evaluation must be completed within 30 days of the activity/event conclusion including photos and details about how the activity helped strengthen the neighborhood, how many people were impacted, what new ways neighbors worked to create a more connected community, if objectives were met, and if the project was successful.