| |Instructions: OverDrive
| Axis 360
| Total BooX
Back to eBook Basics
- Read OverDrive eBooks right inside your web browser with "OverDrive Read"
- Listen to OverDrive eAudiobooks right inside your web browser with "OverDrive Listen"
- Download eBooks with Adobe Digital Editions
- Download audiobooks with the OverDrive Media Console
- For eBooks, download the free Adobe Digital Editions software, then authorize your computer with a free Adobe ID to activate the software.
- For audiobooks, download the free OverDrive Media Console software.
Note: Macs can download and play MP3 format audiobooks only.
Downloaded audiobooks can be transferred to an iPod or other MP3 player
through the OverDrive Media Console
For eBooks, download the free Axis 360 desktop app.
Choose "Axis 360" eBook format when checking out.
If you choose the EPUB format for eBooks, you will instead need Adobe Digital Editions software to download and read the eBook.
Axis 360 audiobooks are in the Acoustik format incompatible with PCs.
For eBooks, download the free Adobe Digital Editions software,
then authorize your computer with a free Adobe ID to activate the software.
Choose EPUB format when checking out.
Download eBook to computer, then open in Adobe Digital Editions.
Axis 360 audiobooks are in the Acoustik format incompatible with Macs.
Read directly inside your web browser online
Download & read with Adobe Digital Editions free software (free Adobe ID required)
- Go to the Hoopla Digital website.
- Set up an account by choosing Palo Alto City Library & entering your library card number.
- Provide an email address & create a password.
- Browse or search, then borrow & stream online in your web browser.
Not available for desktop PCs and MACs due to proprietary software formats and digital rights management systems.
Last Updated: Nov 24, 2015