Wireless Access @ the Library
All branches of the Palo Alto City Library offer free wifi to users with a wireless-enabled device.
How to access:
- Locate the wireless network PA_OverAir_Library through your web browser or your computer's wireless settings.
- Accept the Use Policy.
- Enjoy free access for two hours, at which time you need to reconnect and agree to the Use Policy again.
- Wireless is available during all hours the buildings are open.
- No password or library card is needed to use.
- Wireless users agree to abide by the Library's Internet Use Policy (pdf file) which prohibits abusive or illegal activity while using the Library's Internet service.
- The Library cannot guarantee your equipment will work with the Library's network.
- Your information is not protected while using wireless, unless you are connected to a web page that employs encryption (stores, banks, etc.) Keep this in mind if you are accessing sensitive business or personal information.
- Library staff can not help configure your computer.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.
- You will need a WiFi-compliant 802.11b or g wireless Ethernet device installed in your laptop or a laptop with built-in WiFi capability.
Last Updated: Oct 3, 2017