Please use the Outdoor Water Efficiency Plan Review Worksheet to determine if a landscape permit is required for your project. If the trigger applies, submit the landscape documentation in accordance with the Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance Submittal Guidelines. INSPECTION PROCESS COMPLIANCE DOCUMENTS Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
1. Complete all instruction requirements found in the MWELO Submittal Guidelines document.
2. Submit all requirements found in the Landscape Documentation Package Checklist with a permit application. There are two pathways for compliance:
The inspection requirements are the same for the Water Budget Compliance Pathway and the Prescriptive Compliance Pathway Appendix D.
1. Call 650-329-2496 to schedule a Landscape Inspection.
2. Follow the Water Efficient Landscape Inspection Checklist in the MWELO Compliance Submittal Guidelines document.
3. Projects must submit a copy of the "Certificate of Installation" and submit all required documents shown on the certificate to the project owner.
MWELO Compliance Submittal Guidelines
GB-2 Residential Outdoor Water Use Calculations
GB-2 Non- Residential Outdoor Water Use Calculations
Permitted Practices in California
For more information regarding the project submittal procedures, please visit the Development Services webpage. For additional background information regarding the Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance visit the Department of Water Resources page. To learn more about outdoor water efficiency, rebates and workshops, visit the Utilities- Landscape Requirements page.
Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance