The Cubberley Artist Studio Program (CASP) supports the vitality of the arts in Palo Alto by providing City-sponsored, affordable studio space for artists, building creative community and fostering public engagement with the arts and artists.
VISION AND PROGRAM GOALS
• Create an artist community that fosters diverse and numerous opportunities for growth and collaboration in the creation of new work.
• Ensure the representation of a wide range of experience in terms of artistic disciplines, artistic development, as well as diverse cultural and aesthetic approaches.
• Create a dynamic and accessible cultural destination for the community, with economic value for the resident artists.
• Foster active engagement with and visibility with the Palo Alto and surrounding communities.
• Continue to increase the prestigious and competitive reputation of the program. Ensure that the program is accessible, open, inclusive, equitable, and responsive to the community need for studio space.
UPCOMING SHOWS AND EVENTS
Marianne Lettieri: Reflections August 20, 2016 - January 22, 2017 – solo exhibition featuring mixed media sculptures at the Museum of Craft and Design in San Francisco, CA. As part of the museum’s programming, Marianne will conduct an art-making workshop on September 17, and give an artist talk on January 19.
t.w.five: Across From Us August 20 – September 30, 2016 - solo exhibition featuring two series of large-scale vinyl installations at State Gallery, located at 1295 Alabama St in San Francisco, CA. Opening Reception: August 20, 6-9pm