250 Hamilton Avenue
Palo Alto 94301
- Born in San Francisco; lived in Palo Alto since 1973.
- Married with four children, all brought up in Palo Alto
- Economic Forecasting and Strategic Planning with businesses and governments
- B.A. Yale College, Philosophy and History
- PhD Columbia University, Economics and History
- Elected to City Council, 2008, re-elected 2013
- Member, Policy & Services Committee, 2009
- Member, Finance Committee, 2008, 2009, 2013, Chair, 2010
- Member, Council/CAO Committee, 2008, 2009
- Member, City/School Liaison Committee, 2010
- Member, Regional Housing Mandate Committee, 2013
- Liaison, Midpeninsula Community Media Center, 2010
- Liaison, Santa Clara Valley Water District Commission, 2013
- Liaison, SCVWD Lower Peninsula Flood Control & Water Shed Advisory Committee, 2010
- Liaison, Avenidas, 2008, 2009
- Liaison, Historic Resources Board, 2009
- Liaison, Lytton Gardens, 2009, 2013
- Liaison, Palo Alto Housing Corporation, 2008
- Liaison, Art Center Foundation, 2013
- Liaison, Palo Alto/Stanford Citizen Corps Council, 2013
- Liaison, Association of Bay Area Governments, 2013
- Liaison, Grand Boulevard Task Force, 2013
- Palo Alto Unified School District, Board, 1989-1993
- Co-Chair, PAUSD Committee 2000 (worked to build a consensus on longer term demographic and economic projections for the school district)
- Director, Managing Uncertainty-a consulting group doing economic and demographic forecasting and strategic planning for government and business, 2003-2009.
- Director and Treasurer at the Institute for the Future, Menlo Park CA, 1973-2003.
- Head of a research department at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 1967-1973.
Last Updated: Sep 17, 2014